Pure Freedom: A Recap
I am so honored to have had the opportunity to speak to the young women at our purity banquet last weekend. With about 40 girls in attendance, the room was packed and the tables were set for God to really do some amazing things in their lives. We talked about so many issues girls are dealing with today; especially those concerning spiritual, emotional, and physical purity. I believe I could really teach on each of them in some depth, given the time. Anyway, for all of the girls that were there and those that weren’t able to be, please know that my sincerest desire is to see God work mightily in your life. If we follow the roadmap God has given to us in the Bible concerning relationships and allow Him to write our love story, we can rest assured it’s going to be good! Here are some notes from the night that I pray you’ll let sink into your heart. I find that in the midst of a culture where Godly relationships aren’t popular, my heart and soul can find rest in these truths.
- Allow yourself to forgive. Forgiveness means giving up all hope of a better past. Every time you look back at the past it looks exactly the same.
- Are you obsessed with loving God’s way or being in love? The fear of singleness brings more hurt than help. If you want a relationship that will last, you’ve got to do it God’s way. Fall in love with Him first.
- You can choose to be in Christ or in Culture. Choose Christ….there’s always a happy ending.
- Be free and look for 3! Spiritual, emotional, and physical attraction (when brought together) will form a stronger bond than any one by itself.
- Girls, look for a 1 Timothy 6:11 kind of guy- “…pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance, and gentleness…”
- Allow friendship to happen. Protect your heart and your emotions. Live out Proverbs 4:23- “Above all guard your heart”
- You are beautiful and were made to be attractive and attracted.
- Physical attraction is an initiator, not a sustainer.
- You are a gift. Check out Genesis 2:22!
- And finally, remember…Hide your love away! (Check out the song by Anthem Lights…Hide Your Love Away)
I’m praying for you, Kindall