I can not believe that it is time for the holiday season! Wow…2012 is flying by. I am excited as this is my favorite time of the year. For me and many
others (as I can tell from all of the recent posts on Facebook…) the Thanksgiving season brings about thoughts of gratitude and thankfulness for the blessings that we’ve been given. So, In honor of Thanksgiving and this special time of year, I’ve decided to put together my own list of things that I’m thankful for and I pray that like me, you’ll take the time to consider your own list as well.
Thank you God for:
1. Salvation and the promise of eternal life in Heaven with you.
2. The ability to teach children and make a difference everyday….even though sometimes it feels like I’m spinning my wheels.
3. The ability to play the piano and sing for you.
4. A family that loves to eat and laugh together. We make each other complete and the laughter is seriously contagious!
5. Sisters. If I need an honest opinion about fashion, guys, or friends…I know just where to go. Sometimes it can be brutal but in the end I know it is the truth.
6. The ability to take your name to the nations. I’m so honored and I consider it a great privilege.
7. Your promise to give me a Godly husband and the faith to believe it. (Oh yes. These must go hand in hand for now.)
8. The ability to look to the future with vision and hope knowing that greater things are ahead.
9. Grad school and the ability to reach a goal. I’m digging ditches:)
-and last, but certainly not least-
10. The gift of life and the chance to make you famous everyday through my words and actions. May others see YOU in me.
I am blessed. I sometimes need to be reminded to be continually thankful to God for these blessings. What I’ve become is in no way a product of my own doing. God is the giver of all good things. So,What about you? What are you thankful for? I pray that as God continues to bless us, we never forget to take time and thank Him for all that He’s already done and all that He is currently doing in our lives. A heart of gratitude gives way to blessings! Happy Thanksgiving!